Start – Investment Opportunities – Major Industrial Complex
Gwangyang Bay Area Free Economic Zone
This is a special economic zone equipped with favorable business environments such as geographical advantages, due to its location at the center of shipping and logistics in Northeast Asia, backward industries in the Gwangyang Bay Area such as the steel and chemical industries, various deregulation programs bylaws, and support policies.
- Location: Yeosu, Suncheon, and Gwangyang in Jeollanam-do, and Hadong-gun in Gyeongsangnam-do
- Project Size: 18 complexes in 6 districts with an area of 69.5 km² (Jeonnam: 59.87, Gyeongnam: 9.63)
- Project Period: 2004–2020
- Project Costs: KRW 12.692 trillion
- Major Areas: Gwangyang Bay Area Free Economic Zone, Yulchon Free Trade Zone, Yulchon Industrial Complex, Haeryong General Industrial Complex, etc.
Free Trade Area
A free-trade zone (FTZ) is a class of special economic zone (SEZ) that ensures optimal business environments for production, logistics, and trade to attract foreign capital investment.
- Area: Port of Gwangyang (8.88 million m²), Daebul Industrial Complex (1.15 million m2), Yulchon First Industrial Complex (340,000 m²)
- Target BusinessManufacturing and wholesale business primarily for exportCargo handling/transport/storage/exhibition/integrated freight distribution, etc.
Mokpo Daeyang General Industrial Complex
This is a suburban industrial complex that emphasizes on new growth engine industries.
- Location: Daeyang-dong, Mokpo-si, Jeollanam-do
- Project Size: 854,000 m² (2008–2017)
- Target Business: Manufacture fish products, parts for shipbuilding equipment, equipment for leisure vessels, and ceramics, photovoltaics, hydrogen fuel cell parts and materials, and automobiles
- Sales Price: KRW 258,985/m²
Naju Innovation Industrial Complex
This is located in Gwangju-Jeonnam Joint Innovation City and serves as an advanced base for industrial development.
- Location: (Deoksan-ri, Jangsan-ri, and Yangsan-ri) Wanggok-myeon and Dongsu-dong in Naju-si, Jeollanam-do
- Project Size: 1,207,000 m² (2008–2016)
- Target Business: Electronic parts, computers, chemicals, metals, machinery and equipment, food products, etc.
- Sales Price: KRW 190,000/m²
Damyang General Industrial Complex
As the central industrial complex of the Honam region, this complex ensures the greatest reduction in logistics/distribution costs due to its transportation network stretching in all directions.
- Location: Samman-ri, Damyang-eup and Woncheon-ri, Geumseong-myeon in Damyang-gun, Jeollanam-do
- Project Size: 338,000 m² (2012–2017)
- Target Business: High value-added food products, new growth engines, new bamboo industries, eco-friendly parts/materials industries, etc.
- Sales Price: KRW 173,020/m²
Hwasun Biopharmaceutical Industrial Complex (Bio Cluster)
This consists of Biopharmaceutical Research Center of Jeonnam Bioindustry Foundation, Hwasun Plant of GC Pharma, biopharmaceutical companies, and more. A good laboratory practice (GLP)–based biopharmaceutical preclinical research institute is being established, which will lead to vaccine-oriented R&D activities. Furthermore, this has been pioneering the future of Korea’s biopharmaceutical industry in association with the Medical Cluster centered on Chonnam National University Hwasun Hospital.
- Location: Hwasun-eup, Hwasun-gun, Jeollanam-do (Biopharmaceutical Industrial Complex)
- Project Size: 368,000 m² (2006–2011)
- Main Facilities: GC Pharma, Biopharmaceutical Research Center, Korea Testing & Research Institute (KTR) Healthcare Research Center, etc.
- Target Business: To manufacture pharmaceutical goods other than medicaments, and R&D
- Sales Price: KRW 117,540/m²
Jangheung Bio food Industrial Complex
The construction of the Jangheung Bio food Industrial Complex, which will serve as a new growth foothold in the central region of Jeollanam-do, is to create future high value-added industries.
- Location: Haedang-ri, Jangheung-eup, Jangheung-gun, Jeollanam-do
- Project Size: 1,206,000 m² (2008–2020)
- Target Business: Manufacture of food products and beverages, fabricated metal products, and wood products of wood and cork, etc.
- Sales Price: KRW 99,363/m²
Gangjin Industrial Complex
The Gangjin Industrial Complex will act as the heartland of high-tech environmental industry clusters in Jeollanam-do.
- Location: Myeongsan-ri and Songhak-ri in Seongjeon-myeon, Gangjin-gun, Jeollanam-do
- Project Size: 410,000 m2² (2008–2017)
- Target Business: Jeollanam-do Environmental Industries Promotion Institute, etc.
- Sales Price: KRW 93,761/m²
Yeonggwang Daema Electric Vehicle Industrial Complex
A cluster designed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and produce green vehicles is being created in the Yeonggwang Daema Electric Vehicle Industrial Complex in an attempt to leap into becoming a special zone for green electric cars.
- Location: Songjuk-ri and Namsan-ri in Daema-myeon, Yeonggwang-gun, Jeollanam-do
- Project Size: 1,094,000 m2 (2008–2013)
- Target Business: Manufacturing food products and beverages, machinery, battery parts, and motor vehicles and trailers
- Sales Price: KRW 119,526/m²
East Hampyeong General Industrial Complex
This is the most important place for transportation and logistics in the Honam region.
- Location: Baekho-ri, Daedong-myeon, and Masan-ri, Hakgyo-myeon, in Hampyeong-gun, Jeollanam-do
- Project Size: 489,000 m² (2012–2015)
- Target Business: Food products, manufacturing, manufacturing of other nonmetallic mineral products, production of other machinery and equipment, etc.
- Sales Price: KRW 111,925/m²