The Chemical industry is one of Jeollanamdos flagship industries.
- The Yeosu National Industrial Complex was created in 1979, it is recognized as Korea’s largest petrochemicals producer and it has a central role in the economy of the region.
- Oil refining : 28% of the nation’s total oil refining capacity (GS-Caltex: 840,000 barrels/day)
- Petrochemical : 46% of the nation’s total ethylene production capacity (ethylene: 4.14 million tons/year)
- Fertilizer : 32% of the nation’s total production capacity (Namhae Chemical: 1.36 million tons/year)
- -* Ethylene production capacity (KT/year) : Yeosu (4,140), Daesan (3,240), Ulsan (1,660)